- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- Super Easy
- 8 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 24, 2016
This is a chop, chuck,boil and blend sort of soup!
Just the kind I like, as when I am trying to juggle 4 kids, lunch needs to be quick!
This is my version of a middle eastern, Turkish soup, that my sister in law made for us once, after her return from overseas.
It was such a tasty soup and different from the normal type of soup we would make, and it was also a hit with the kids, who downed it in no time!
With 4 kids making noise around me as I try to write this up for you, I was about to publish it, when I realised that i had left the Kale out of the ingredients List! :0
Thank goodness I realised!
It tastes a little bland ,if you sample it straight out of the pot , but when you serve it, you drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on the top and squeeze lemon over it, and the flavour comes alive!
It’s really, really good, and full of lots of nutritious things too, so a winner all around!
Please also come and join our new FACEBOOK GROUP https://www.facebook.com/groups/Plantified/ and post some of your favourite recipes, ask some questions, show off a dish you’ve cooked or just have a chat!
I want to show people how easy it is, how much fun you can have and what good food you can eat when you PLANTIFY your food!
My Plantified Mousses Recipe book is on it’s way to being finished, and you will receive an email letting you know when your FREE copy of the E-book is ready to download!
If you would like a FREE COPY OF THE RECIPE E-BOOK, and haven’t yet signed up to Plantified, please sign up here: http://Plantified.com/register/ and you will receive your FREE recipe book once it is released.
(The only information that is required to register is a Email address, and a Username of your choice. If you do not receive the confirmation email after signup, please check your junk mail box. Any problems, please contact us.)
Raspberry Mousse Imprime Entremet, as seen in the Free Mousse E-book for members of Plantified.
Turkish Kale Lentil Soup
1 cup red lentils
2 litres water
4 celery stalks
2 med potatoes
1 med sweet potato
1 large courgette
250 gm Shredded Kale
2 stock cubes
1 tbsp fresh finely grated ginger
1 heaped tsp turmeric
Olive oil for drizzling
- Rinse the lentils thoroughly in cold water, then add to the saucepan.
- Add 2 litres of boiling water to the saucepan, and start to cook the lentils whilst you prep the vegetables.
- Chop the celery, sweet potatoes, potatoes,carrots and courgettes, into chunks and chuck in the pot.
- Add the grated ginger, turmeric, and stock cubes to the pot as well.
- Wash the kale leaves well before adding them to the soup. I buy mine already shredded. If your kale is whole, make sure to roughly chop it so it is easier to blend up later.
- Boil the soup until all is tender and well cooked then turn off the heat.
- Carefully blend up the soup until it is all smooth.
- To serve, ladle soup into the bowl, and squeeze some lemon juice over the top of the soup to taste. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil around artistically and add some black cracked pepper, and its ready to serve. It complements any sort of middle eastern cuisine well.